Thursday 7 February 2013

Love Letters

A pile of letters 
stacked in my rack,
smelling like the apples
which once grew in my garden,
the garden where I sat
and scribbled them for you.

The envelopes jacketing
the letters
are slowly turning yellow
and it feels so old,
it feels like a century
has gone by
and yet I have waited
for you patiently,
balming my soul
and adding to the ocean
of love letters.

Each word inked 
on the papers
cannot be erased,
neither with tears
nor with crayons,
you cannot gnaw at it
and scratch it out
it will not change the truth.

Ink will leak and bleed 
from my heart
until you will sit next to me 
and, with a wet towel,
wipe out my wounds
because it has been enough now
and I feel alone.

I added another letter
today
telling you how I will give you
every part of me
till the world collides.





No comments:

Post a Comment